May 4, 2016 by Jeff Lowen
What’s the number one, most important investment you can make for you and your family? As disappointed I was when I guessed pork futures and chocolate kisses, believe it or not, it’s real estate! Who says? Read on…
The Gallup organization recently released a survey in which Americans were asked to rank what they considered to be the “best long term investment.” Real estate ranked number one, with 35% of those surveyed saying it was a better long term investment than stocks & mutual funds, gold, savings accounts or bonds.
Here is the breakdown:
The survey revealed that real estate was the number one choice among each of the following groups:
- People between the ages of 18-29
- People between the ages of 30-49
- People between the ages of 50-64
- People 65 and older
- People with annual earnings of less than $30,000
- People with annual earnings between $30,000 and $74,999
- People with annual earnings of over $75,000
- People with a college degree
- People without a college degree
- People that breathe (Ok… I made this one up!).
Even stock investors ranked real estate number one. According to the report:
“With housing prices showing a steadier path upward in recent months, even stock investors are about as likely…to choose real estate (37%) as stocks (32%) as the best long-term investment.”
Real estate has a couple of caveats… It’s not being made anymore, only built upon, and it’s pretty safe to say, albeit a major tectonic plate shift, that it will stay put right where you bought it. Accurate surveys aside, I know I wasn’t asked in this one, how ’bout you? Do you feel the same? Is real estate your best bet?
Do you think this article is awesome? ...Share it!: