January 24, 2017 by Jeff Lowen
Self-awareness is currently one of the sexiest words in entrepreneurship, happiness, productivity, or anything that has to do with personal growth. Almost every entrepreneur or thought leader says that self-awareness is one of the keys to personal success. While that may be true — it’s by no means a new concept.
Greek philosopher Aristotle, who lived between 384–322 BC, once said: “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
Most folks believe being more self-aware is a good thing. How then, do you measure one’s self-awareness? Good question. Let’s define what self-awareness is first.
Self-awareness: Conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires.
So, how self-aware are you? It seems to be somewhat of a paradox. How can one determine how self-aware one is, without knowing how self-aware one can be? The biggest problem with this is that most people think they are self-aware, but when compared to tests and questions administered with psychological or neuro-linguistic processes, they aren’t very self-aware at all.
The epitome of total self-awareness is being able to dissolve any limitations when it comes to living with purpose and clarity as everything that you desire lies down for you effortlessly. With that said, if you have everything you’ve ever wanted for you and your family and are happy on the journey of life with all its trials and tribulations, then you can stop reading right now and give us all some pointers.
And do you have enough curiosity to take a penetrating self-awareness test that promises a few surprising twists? It may inspire you to think about areas of your life that you’ve perhaps never considered before. It might be challenging. And that’s good!
Because personal enlightenment begins with self-awareness. If you’re on a journey toward greater enlightenment, this could be the tool you’ve been looking for. You should get several clear insights and even some aha-moments.
What a great direction to live your life, huh?
Okay, so you’re not on a journey to enlightenment. Perhaps you just want to know yourself better to overcome and move past any limitations and garner more success. Great! Here are some questions to ponder and really spend some time on…
- Do you quickly admit and apologize when you are wrong? Or do you think that when things don’t go right, it is usually not your fault?
- Do you try to put yourself in other people’s shoes? Or is your viewpoint most important?
- Do you try to acknowledge and correct your flaws and imperfections? Or do you think that you need no improvement?
- Are you aware of how your beliefs, words, & actions affect others? Or are you more self-focused?
- Do you realize that you don’t have all the answers? Or do you feel you already know much more than others?
- In conversation, are you a good listener? Or is what you have to say more important?
For each pair, did you answer “yes” to the first question, mostly? It’s ok if you didn’t, as most people in modern society have diminished self-awareness.
The good news is, your self-knowledge and self-awareness can be dramatically improved, leading to benefits like:
• Great decision making.
• Bulletproof self-discipline.
• Becoming a great listener, with a genuine interest in other people.
• A super well-developed intuition, accurately guiding you through life.
• A naturally caring, compassionate, and considerate emotional set-point.
• The ability to read the emotions of other people easily.
• Being able to positively influence other people.
• An optimistic and positive attitude.
• The ability to keep cool and calm all the time.
• A flexible and adaptive mindset in all situations.
Now, who doesn’t want all these great benefits? Another benefit to embarking on this journey is that you don’t have to go it alone, either. Click here for more information!